Thursday, October 17, 2024

Because I could not stop for death…

With apologies to Emily Dickinson, I have borrowed without her permission a line from what might be her most famous poem, and I have used it as the title for this posting. 

I do so because I’m keenly aware of death’s approach, but I choose to remain indifferent. Instead of worrying about death’s darkness, I look forward to what just might become a marvelous adventure on the other side. 

In the meantime, because I cannot stop for death, I have decided to use my time wisely in the remaining light on this side of the sod.

One such decision is to escape my reality by reading a few good stories by Arthur Conan Doyle. I have begun with the book shown below. And so it goes for this perpetual pilgrim in God’s waiting room.






No comments:

Post a Comment